Business Analyst III
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
2U is a SaaS-based education technology company that enables leading colleges and universities to deliver their higher education to qualified students anywhere. The Platform Systems team is looking for a Business Analyst to partner with our Product and Engineering teams to raise the bar for our suite of tools supporting external and internal user needs. If you’re passionate about shipping well-tested software and have a knack for conjuring up creative use case scenarios, you’ll fit right into our growing team here at 2U.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Working alongside Product Owner – as well as numerous stakeholders – to elicit, clarify, elaborate, synthesize, simplify and organize requirements in the form of user stories.
- Advocating for product vision and maintaining priorities throughout the development, planning and execution of projects.
- Partnering with the team to identify and document opportunities, risks and solutions in order to deliver business value.
- Developing an understanding of, and contributing to, the team’s business processes and expectations.
- Ensuring all user stories have clear and measurable success criteria to inform automated testing.
- Facilitating multiple work streams within a project using Agile framework and principles.
- Creating partnerships with business stakeholders to provide recommendations for Product Management objectives / roadmaps.
- Developing and maintaining strategies, plans and cases for User Acceptance Testing purposes.
- Ensuring products have met acceptance criteria sufficient for release, including accessibility, mobile, and edge case tests.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for internal and external use cases.
- Coordinating and managing releases including deployment of approved features.
- Maintaining evidence of proper production release protocols to ensure compliance with auditing requirements.
- Diagnose problems and monitor product bug queues in order to validate, triage and prioritize fixes.
- Organizing and analyzing data to inform product priorities and KPI tracking.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- At least 3 - 5+ years' experience in BA or QA roles with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive the requirements gathering process for multiple integrated systems, determine needs and clearly articulate complex use cases and acceptance criteria for feature enhancements and new products.
- Ability to apply big picture thinking to implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements.
- Familiarity with or interest in Agile software development and deployment processes.
- Experience with data management and reporting tools.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible approach towards ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Experience working in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong relationship skills and ability to manage internal stakeholder expectations.
- The urge to be part of a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($107,000 - $116,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.