Sr Customer Success Manager
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Customer Success Manager will help to define the way that we work with our customers and design the strategy we apply at both a macro and micro level. In addition to leading our top customers from pre-sale through onboarding and on to the rest of their journey with edX for Business. The Sr. CSM will require a “builder mentality” to refine the function as we establish customer goals and design programs that best serve those goals. This person will ensure the customer is prepared to take full advantage of their investment in transforming their organization. This is a cross-functional role where you will work closely with Enterprise Support, Product, BI, Account Management, Sales, and Marketing.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Onboard new edX For Business customers, including pre-sale support to help the customer identify their transformation goals and how edX will get them there.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients through a structured and ad hoc communication cadence as you guide them through achieving their goals and the life of their contract.
- Analyze customer and learner data through multiple platforms in order to establish progress against internal and customer KPIs and customer health scores.
- Work collaboratively to design creative solutions for our customers’ unique challenges.
- Understand the capabilities of edX’s platform, content, and services and consult on the various combinations of those things to determine how the customer will work with edX.
- Design and enhance the edX For Business lifecycle experience for top customers through partnering with the sales team, support, marketing, account management, and sales operations.
- Work closely with Product to communicate customer needs and opportunities to improve their experience with our products.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3+ years of experience
- Customer-first mentality: 3+ years experience in a customer-facing capacity (for example: customer success, professional services, customer service, account management)
- Analytical mind and a passion for problem solving: design data-backed strategies and recommendations to guide customers through the steps to make them successful
- Collaborative spirit: you’ll be involved in many cross-functional projects where teamwork is key
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize: with many projects in flight or many customers, it’s important to understand what should come first and why
- Knowledge or experience with the following tools: Salesforce, Tableau, Excel (Preferred)
- Experience within a Software as a Service (Saas) environment (Preferred)
- Proficiency in a foreign language (Preferred)
- Not required, but bonus if you’ve ever worked with SSO or API configuration (Preferred)
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($70,000 - $85,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.