Partner Management Lead
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
In order to support Program Directors and University Partners in the successful execution and growth of cross-product partnerships, the Partner Management Lead will work internally and externally to execute small and large scale operational projects that support complex business processes. The Partner Management Lead has a high degree of subject matter expertise in operational execution, and is a key resource for the department.
The Partner Management team is charged with delivering quality outcomes for University Partners and Program Directors, while seeking operational efficiencies that set us up for growth at scale. Partner Management Leads maintain strong relationships with all internal functional teams at 2U across multiple product lines, and provide support for all of 2U’s university partners.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Independently manage complex and high-stakes operational requests for Program Directors, Senior Directors, General Managers or University Partners. Consult with stakeholders to fully understand and analyze needs, propose solutions, and execute support.
- Intake, gather and analyze information in various systems and LMS platforms which are critical for program operations. Respond to emergent (same-day) data collection requests or other urgent needs from department leadership, university partners, and other internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on high-level, non-standard requests.
- Coordinate and prioritize project tasks to ensure delivery within the allotted budget and timeline. Act as an independent liaison with stakeholders and ensure the completion of requests.
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes. Monitor, control and manage business operations compliant to standard processes and best practices.
- Evaluate current operational performance in the business and assist in strategic planning for improvements by providing recommendations and process improvement plans to Senior Manager. Use data and create reports to identify problems in the operations process and resolve them in a timely manner.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Demonstrated success managing multiple stakeholders
- Seasoned relationship skills and experience working management stakeholders
- Extraordinary organization skills, attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing priorities
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Previous experience in direct client support
- Ability to both initiate solutions based on a problem description and execute on pre-prescribed solutions
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Google Suite, Power Point, Tableau, Salesorce, JIRA
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, ZA benefits include:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery Health Medical Scheme
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organization, study leave, sports leave and a company-wide festive season break
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
2U is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. 2U requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.