At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
Admissions Manager is a critical role responsible for prospective student recruitment, owning the university partner relationship as it relates to student recruitment, and managing a team of dedicated Admissions Counselors. Manager, Admissions will serve as the operational champion to drive great outcomes for our students. The primary responsibility of this position is to actively manage a team of Admissions Counselors to attain the admissions goals established by Admissions and Student Engagement senior leadership and to keep internal leadership, program management and external university partner stakeholders aware of the current status of the prospective student pipeline. This role will have the primary partner facing responsibilities for managing the relationship regarding admissions and updating the university stakeholders under the guidance of internal program leadership. (Note that if there are multiple managers on an admissions floor, one manager will be assigned this responsibility.) In addition, this position ensures the admissions and student engagement policies and processes promulgated by senior leadership and our university partners are implemented, and that counselors adhere to strict guidelines regarding quality and consistency with academic institution and regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Define and outline your plan to manage your team, including setting expectations and communicating senior leadership’s strategy.
- Develop relationships with external university stakeholders responsible for admissions and communicate current status of prospective student pipeline.
- Proactively manage, coach and mentor team members to reach goals while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Monitor and assess counselors to ensure proper prospective student engagement and quality outreach to those interested in the program.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Admissions and Student Engagement and Learning & Development Team to effectively train, onboard and identify skill gaps with counselors to drive accountability and a high performing team.
- Identify and communicate challenges with a solution-oriented approach.
- Maintain a professional level of communication with counselors, prospective students, management and internal stakeholders.
- Use reporting and data tools provided by the Directors and Vice Presidents of Admissions and Student Engagement to assess team challenges (e.g., prospect quality, volume and trends), make data-driven decisions, set expectations, drive positive student outcomes, and ensure accountability.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related required; Master’s preferred
- At least 5 years' experience, within 2U, directly related to the duties and responsibilities expected of an Admissions Counselor; previous management experience in an admissions focused environment is a plus OR At least 5 years' experience combined within 2U and external including a minimum of 1 year experience managing a team with similar responsibilities
- A strong track record as it relates to meeting Admissions Counselor or Sr. Admissions Counselor competencies, as well as demonstrated development towards Manager competencies
- Strong sales and customer service background
- Proven ability to manage a team of highly educated, professional staff
- Excellent computer skills (Salesforce, Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to motivate a team to achieve defined results that exceed goals, objectives and expectations
- Strong leadership skills; ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Ability to develop other people’s potential/talents
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary for this role is $75,000 annually, with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.