Senior Technical Recruiter
What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Technical Recruiter is critical in identifying and hiring top Tech talent to join our organization. The Senior Technology Recruiter is responsible for proactively sourcing, screening, interviewing, and placing qualified candidates, partnering with our hiring managers throughout the full candidate life-cycle. The Senior Technical Recruiter serves as an advisor to our 2U managers and senior leaders to provide expert guidance.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manages the full candidate life-cycle through proactively sourcing, posting, screening, interviewing, and placing qualified software engineering, and IT professionals to fill technical positions
- Leverages experience and expertise to optimize the candidate experience
- Creatively attracts top talent in a timely and cost effective manner using multiple sources to advertise and recruit
- Develops networking and referral base using social networking and other innovative methods to identify desired candidates
- Sources and recruits candidates through direct recruiting efforts
- Identifies and attends job fairs, meetups, and other events for candidate engagement
- Internal Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Serves as a trusted advisor to 2U’s hiring managers and HRBPs, providing expert guidance on the target market, target companies, expected talent pool volume, hiring specifications, job descriptions, and action plans to maximize candidate sourcing, etc. to ultimately ensure the hiring managers are confident with their hiring decisions
- Provides regular updates to hiring managers on hiring progress and challenges
- Works closely and effectively with coordinator to schedule candidate interviews and with scouts (if applicable) to identify and engage hard-to-find talent
- Continuously grows talent communities across targeted talent pools to maintain a strong 2U candidate pipeline
- Fully engages with the hiring managers and broader 2U leadership to maintain open communication around hiring needs and the available talent pipeline
- Interfaces with 2U’s applicant tracking system to optimally track all phases of the candidate life-cycle
- Fully owns the data quality and data integrity in 2U’s applicant tracking system relevant to their job requisitions that they manage in addition to monitoring for data accuracy across the system
- Continuous Improvement:
- Shares Recruiting and sourcing best practices across the team
- Coaches more junior employees
- Proactively seeks new knowledge, skills, and trends and shares with the team
- Partners closely with the Recruiting Leadership team on process improvements and provides solid recommendations to enhance the overall team functioning
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3 - 5+ years experience in Tech, IT or Engineering recruiting; previous experience in a high-volume staffing, agency or corporate setting a plus
- Experience supporting a fast-paced, high growth organization
- Knowledge of employment law relative to hiring and interviewing required
- Previous experience using an applicant tracking system
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in one or more of the following: Google suite, MS Office products
- Other attributes that will help you be successful in this role:
- Strong business acumen
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Proactive attitude with a propensity to learn
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Knowledge of various social media networking/recruiting sites a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
2U is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. 2U requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.