Director of Product, Growth
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
As the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for product strategy, execution, and success of the edX Growth team. Reporting to the VP of Product, you will ensure that the product offerings are aligned with the overall edX product strategy. You will also lead and grow the product team, and act as a coach and mentor to product managers across the company.
The Growth team is focused on the earliest stages of the learner journey with edX, from attracting more learners to edx, to helping them find the right educational option from our 3000+ offerings. You will understand and champion the needs of edX users. You will monitor market conditions, assess the competitive and technology landscape, and gather input from stakeholders to prioritize opportunities to inform the product roadmap. You will manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the roadmap is well-understood and effectively executed.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead and coach a team of product managers in product delivery
- Drive overall product strategy for the edX Growth team and deliver a product that meets or exceeds organizational and customer goals
- Build relationships with product managers and key stakeholders from across the company to understand emerging product needs and incorporate these into the roadmap.
- Define and deliver against the Growth roadmap, in partnership with, marketing, product design, and engineering.
- Drive prioritization of the right initiatives, identifying and solving the most important customer problems first.
- Measure progress toward goals and achieve target outcomes.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager at a software company, preferably overseeing complex, new-to-market products. 2+ years in a management role.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Experience leading product teams that partner effectively with engineering, UX, data analysis, and a broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Practice using user insights and data to drive ambitious goals, while testing and learning along the way
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences including C-level executives
- Experience with marketplace products and marketing technology a plus.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $123,600k- $180,000k, with potential bonus. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.